While a level of mold is always present in the atmosphere, mold spore development can quickly occur in parts of a house where there are elevated levels of moisture. Because mold spores that are present can quickly colonize, it is very important to deal with the source of the issue immediately. In such cases, a professional mold remediation Bay Ridge, Brooklyn, NY service can provide the assistance that you need. Here are several important steps that a reputable professional will use to remove and manage the mold:
1. Assess the affected area of the home: The mold remediation Bay Ridge, Brooklyn, NY specialist will inspect the house to look for the source of the mold, and to assess the damage that it has done. Damp areas to be examined may include the basement, insulation, walls and ceilings near moisture in the bathroom, areas surrounding leaky pipes, and other places where water leak damage has occurred.
2. Control additional contamination: The area of the house where the presence of mold has been detected will be carefully prepared for mold removal so that contamination does not spread to other parts of the house while the team is working.
3. Remove the mold: The professional team will focus on getting the mold out of the house. This may include removing damaged sheetrock, furniture, ceiling tiles, or insulation.
4. Eliminate the source of the mold: Because mold thrives in a moist environment, it is important to remove or repair the source of the moisture. Once the moisture is gone, the threat of mold spore development is also removed.
5. Cleanse the air of mold spore activity: Airborne mold in a house can lead to significant health problems such as respiratory issues and allergies. Air scrubbers will be used to remove mold spores from the air.
For expert service, call us today. We are the mold remediation Bay Ridge, Brooklyn, NY specialists.