If you already have extensive mold because, for example, you’ve had water damage while you’ve been away for two weeks, or there was a long delay between the water damage and our arrival, then we will have to discuss the following points:
Drying the damaged area
Removing the mold safely
To protect our staff and you and your family from exposure to mold, Wet Out Now of Staten Island follows certain procedures. Here are some things we do:
- The affected area will be sealed off from the rest of your house.
- The workers will be wearing protective gear.
- There will need to be an exhaust fan removing air from the affected area to the outdoors.
- No chemical disinfectants, such as bleach, should be used during clean-up, only fragrance-free detergent.
- If transported through your house, moldy materials will be sealed in plastic.